The Global R&D Summit is an annual flagship event of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) organized in partnership with the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
This year, the Summit will be organized virtually during November 25-27, 2020 on the FICCI BIKE platform. The theme of the Summit is “Building Resilient Economies through Technology and Innovation: Industry & Science Collaboration in the New World Order”.
International collaborations will redefine how we address unprecedented challenges as have been posed by the Covid-19 pandemic. Pooling knowledge and resources to create efficient and affordable solutions will be imperative. In conversation with industry experts, CEO’s, academicians, government leaders and key ecosystem players, the Summit will explore development partnerships across regions/countries wherein technology and innovation can be leveraged to generate substantial socio-economic impact globally.
The Summit will be spread over three days and with each day having a sectoral focus:
- November 25th, 2020: Science, Technology and Innovation in Business
- November 26th, 2020: Digital Infrastructure and Skilling
- November 27th 2020: Healthcare & Agritech
- Keynote Address: Where Eagles Dare
- Roundtable: The Savant Strategists
- Panel Discussion: Technology Leading to New Business Opportunities
- Closing Session: Sectoral Awards and Key Announcements
The Summit will bring together experts from world over with a focus on BIMSTEC, ASEAN, South Asia, East Asia and others. BIMSTEC, ASEAN, Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East, West Africa and Latin America.
A virtual “Technology Expo” is also being organised as part of the Summit to showcase novel technologies and innovations.
The event aims to create a unique platform to exchange knowledge, experiences, and best practices; delivered through a mix of plenary addresses, panel discussions, focused roundtables, and one-on-one sessions, creating a multifold networking opportunities for all attendees to explore new collaborations and showcase projects, and success stories within the ecosystem.
Who should attend?
- Technology and R&D Heads
- Corporate Chief Strategy Officers
- S&T Advisors
- S&T Professionals
- Government R&D Institutes and Labs
- Tech Start-ups
Expected Summit Outcomes:
- Partnerships amongst global innovation and technology enablers to build an “Innovation and Technology Alliance”.
- Technology Collaborations through virtual expo and B2B meetings.
- Announcement of South-South Collaboration for Technology Collaboration through a curated programme (tentative).
- Shared Lessons and Learnings
- Launch of a knowledge paper